Monday, March 16, 2009

Do you want 30# single or double ply?

It's BYOP in Mt. Gilead
I've always had a problem with self-serve anything - unless it's a buffet restaurant, of course!

Self-serve is supposed to be a time saver for the customer - hey, no waiting in long lines, right?

But yet, your (and my) valuable time is often wasted by trying to figure out how to operate the 'ugly cashier', having to scan your own items, listening to those annoying digitally recorded reminders of "please place your item in the bag", and more often than not having to wait on assistance.

Is self-serve cost effective? For the store - yes; for the customer - no!

Do you honestly think you are saving any money for DIY? At Aldi - by bagging your own - definitely. Kroger? Giant Eagle? NO WAY!

The same goes for shoes!

Self-serve - looking at all those boxes, trying to find the one that contains a pair like the one style on display. My dogs are tired, they ache-throb. I can't stand for more than 10 minutes. Kohl's vs Macy's? I'll take Macy's, thank you - to be waited on for the same price as those same shoes at Kohl's. Besides, as long as I buy my shoes at a store that provides customer service, I'm helping to keep someone employed. And it's very nice to have someone to lace the shoes, bend and stretch it and help me glide that swollen burning foot in ever so smoothly with a cool shoe horn.

Everybody is trying to save a buck.

The libraries are charging a dime per copy-understandable due to waste by patrons. If you are going to the East Cleveland Library you can provide your own paper or buy it by the sheet at the front desk at no additional charge for toner. A great deal over paying per sheet. And being on a limited monthly income, I need to find a deal on anything.

Fortunately I have my own computer now, and the cost of ink is killing me financially.

But this story has got to take the cake. Read on...

Ohio court will take your case if you supply paper

Sat Mar 14, 2:47 pm ET

MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio – An Ohio city court says it will only accept new case filings from people who bring their own paper.

Judge Lee McClelland of Morrow County Municipal Court in north-central Ohio says the court has just enough paper to handle hearing notices and other documents for pending cases.

McClelland says the court will stop accepting case filings Monday because it cannot afford to reorder more paper. He told "The Columbus Dispatch" that the county still hasn't paid the bill for basic supplies the court ordered in November.

McClelland says several county agencies have volunteered to provide paper to handle their own filings.

The Morrow County prosecutor declined to comment on the new filing rules.


So, the next time you plan to drive into Morrow County,
Ohio be prepared in case you might need to visit a rest area.

By the way, I get mine at Family Dollar or Dollar General at $5 for a 12-pack double ply. It's quilted!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about hating anything self-serve. I've always been against the self-serve lines at grocery stores. It's never a good policy to make the customers do the work! Let someone get paid to do it. Give someone a job. It's such a rip-off for everyone (except the company, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have absolutely no patience with the ugly cashier. For everything it says, I crank back at it. Unfortunately ya have to use them at 2 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I think this is simple, shut down their court and quit hiring police out of that district, by the time all these jobs have been null it will create more money for morrow county, then they will quit giving tickets that are not valid

    ReplyDelete