Thursday, April 30, 2009

If Beavis and Butthead Were Human They Would Be...

BILL O'REILLY & DENNIS MILLER
Am I the only one who has noticed any similarity?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Beavis_and_Butt-head.jpg
  • They while away their time in sarcastic conversation.
  • They both are extremely obnoxious and rude.
  • They survive their misadventures without serious consequences, and with a generally contented, though critical world view.
And they were discussing the Presidential News Conference. Bill O'Reilly doesn't think there are any veterans that are homeless and Dennis Miller did SNL News. Would someone please explain what qualifications they have to be experts on the current administration's policies?

4 comments:

  1. I've always had a soft spot for Dennis Miller. Probably because he's from The Burgh. I've heard his radio show from time to time, and he seems to be at least trying to be fair about his politics.

    O'Reilly is just an enormous jackass. Top to bottom through and through. Waste of space.

    You are right about the similarity. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment L.C. I would have touched on this further - having a very sick kitty in lap with heating pad & trying to nourish her back to health was the only reason the TV was still on O'Reilly after the press conference. I'm very sleep deprived and can't think.

    I'm sorry I haven't caught Miller's radio show and have no clue as to why he was a guest to comment on Obama's 100 Days and Arlen Specter's decision to switch parties. I didn't realize Miller was an authority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miller has always been a topical news style comedian going back to his gig at SNL.

    After 9/11 he came on very stong against the Democrats and started constructing his stand up act around rallying around the President and going to war.

    He's calmed down a bit since then (as we all have) and for the last few years has been doing a daily radio show.....and a not bad one at that (certainly more entertaining than Limbaugh/Oreilly/Hannity/Savage).

    Good luck with the sick kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, L.C.!

    I wish I would have gotten this on video to post. I swear, Dennis Miller was drunk - reminded me a lot of Paula Abdul.

    Back in the 70s I had a favorite DJ on AM 1260 out of McKeesport. Used to listen to him after school and he played some jammin' tunes.

    On day I came home from school and he was gone; no warning. I heard years later (while watching Biography on A&E) that the station abruptly pulled the plug on him because of his political on-air rantings. Nixon was in office then; it was 1972.

    I knew him as Jeff Christy; the world knows him as Rush Limbaugh.

    I wish he still played tunes and only tunes! That's something he does well.

    ReplyDelete