Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More On The Homefront

Five new additions to our family

Saturday, as I was passing my neighbor's house across the street, they found five kittens in their hedges. Luckily I was there because the neighbors were going to put these kittens in a cardboard box and leave them in the front yard; potentially exposing them to the threat of other animals including the hawks that often circle overhead.

Well, the kittens are mine now. The neighbors' teenage daughter wants one of the two females; well no such luck Babe cuz I'd never turn these babies over to someone who was about to assist in their potential demise.

Well, I went home and got a large storage container, lined it with one of my cat's blankets and returned to rescue these kittens

Here, my cat Goldie meets the kittens for the first time. He has been wonderful; constantly checking on them and even located the kitten's mother, going as far as bringing Mama home for her kittens.

I guess he understands; maybe. He was homeless himself last year until we took him in and brought him with us when we moved.

Anyway, kittens are fine and in the house right now due to the cold spell we are having.

Goldie frets over them; always checking on them and making certain that their mother knows where they are so she is remaining close.

Not only is he my guardian angel, he is a hero as well!

More updates later!

4 comments:

  1. That is a very cute video. Nice to see the little ones being looked after so intently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. They are growing so quickly and I am researching daily how to better care for them.

    I was a dog person before I met Goldie in East Cleveland...he adopted me and we brought him to Toronto with us last year. He is always checking them and helping to keep Mama close so that when it gets warmer I can put them outside where she can care for them.

    Stay tuned and I will be posting video of them on my YouTube channel thiznat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww....! I'm so glad you found these kittens. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, they are a handful! The vet suggested that since their teeth came in and they are walking to try feeding them with a saucer of formula. Jet (the black one) belly flopped in it and all the others piled on like they were trying to recover a fumble.

    Tipper climbed up my pants leg on the inside; made it up to my hip. I had to pull my pants down to get him out.

    ReplyDelete