Monday, April 20, 2009

On The Homefront

Another bitchin' rant...
Winding along the misinformation highway...On and off the phone with various people at the IRS call center over the past two months. Remember that $300.00 stimulus payment for low income singles last year? I got mine but in order to get that payment you had to have earned a minimum of $3,000 for the year of 2007. Gary’s Social Security Disability hearing was in 2008 and he received back payments from 2006 and 2007 so I called the IRS to find out if he could still take advantage of that stimulus money. No one is quite sure; got numerous answers; got various instructions on how to fill out the 1040. I tried E-File but the form was rejected so I mailed in Gary’s 1040 form with a note explaining that each and every agent wasn’t sure but that I (and I signed my name) EXPECTED that SOMEONE WHO KNOWS would REVIEW the form and send the check that “Gary is entitled to!”.

America! Land of the free; home of the lemmings...seems that many attending the various “tea parties” across the nation listen religiously to far leaning (close to being horizontal) ‘commentators’ like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh rather than investigating the facts. “Ladies and gentlemen,” these people are NOT investigative journalists that check the facts. They are giving their opinion on things they know absolutely nothing about, things they have not thoroughly checked out for accuracy and pass that misinformation on to YOU!

Having been a precinct judge at the polls and also registering people to vote I find this video from a February 27, 2009 ‘Tea Party’ in Cleveland disturbing. And people complain about who is in office? Maybe we need to complain about the ignorance of the registered voters.



And there is also this video from the April 15, 2009 Cleveland, Ohio 'Tea Party'!

True that these videos only show interviews with the misinformed but it's scary knowing that these people ARE misinformed and probably do vote. You would not believe what I witnessed at the polls if I told you. I probably will blog about it - later.

I wish someone would stage a media event to express outrage over homelessness. Maybe not such a great idea due to who possibly could be publicizing it. Rush Limbaugh has already publicly demonstrated that he knows absolutely nothing about homelessness as well. Nor does he know about the programs that provide free cell phones to the elderly, low income and homeless in this nation. Pennsylvania has such a program as well as the Medina (Ohio) County Sheriff's Department. Click on the (>) directional arrow to listen. Click on the (V) down arrow to read the full article.

By the way, I voted for Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush only because I felt all were the lesser of two evils. I AM SO SORRY, AMERICA! CAN YOU FORGIVE ME?

If I could afford having my truck repaired I would have gone to a 'tea party' to protest...the one-time payment of $250 that Social Security, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) recipients, disabled veterans and those receiving railroad pensions will be receiving in May. I have known about this payment coming for months; had to tell the uninformed about it. I received the 'official' letter from the Social Security Administration on Friday. With all the federal bailouts of mismanaged banks and automobile manufacturers, how is a one time payment going to help in stimulating the economy?
I say we should have $250 added to the monthly benefits; not as a one time payment!

And there's...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome compliments of Columbia Gas...I purchased my house in March 2008 and the gas company set me up with a budget plan of $54 per month. This year the budget plan rose to $164 per month. Two weeks before my March payment was due I received a billing of $285 and Friday received another billing for April of $318. The bill is due of the last day of the month. My Social Security check isn’t deposited until the 3rd so it is always late (I am always paying a late charge). I was late on last month’s bill. The gas company cashed the check two days before the bill arrived. My mortgage payment is $368.01 which I can afford; which I refuse NOT to miss paying on.
I'm wondering how anyone on a fixed income can pay such outrageous bills!

Thanks for the well in advance notice you jags!

Enuf...for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment